Due to a labour shortage in Canada and the need for economic growth, the Canadian government has implemented several policies to provide opportunities for foreign workers to work in Canada.
Let’s go over the requirements for working in Canada in detail with Northern Road and the procedures for applying for a work visa in Canada.
Why should we apply for a work visa in Canada?
Canada offers many benefits and opportunities for those who wish to work abroad. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider working in Canada:
- Some markets have a scarcity of human resources work in Canada.
- Have the opportunity to work in Canada and earn a steady income.
- Many benefits for people who work in Canada.
- Employees in Canada can apply for their spouses or children to live, work, and study in Canada.
For the reasons stated above, admission to a comfortable and safe living environment, one of the best educations in the world, and an open and animated labour market. Canada is unquestionably an excellent choice for people looking to work and live abroad. Currently, the Canadian government has programs to assist foreign workers in applying for a work visa in Canada.
What are the conditions to work in Canada?
With numerous immigration programs, you can experience an international working environment and convert your work experience into permanent residence in Canada. Applying for a work visa in Canada opens up opportunities for foreigners to live, work and apply for permanent residence.
The following are the basic requirements you must meet before applying for a work visa in Canada:
- Demonstrate that you intend to leave Canada when your work permit expires.
- Demonstrate your eligibility to care for yourself and your family members while in Canada and upon your return.
- Have a clean record and no criminal history.
- There is no threat or risk to Canadian security.
- Complete a medical examination to meet health conditions per Canadian regulations.
- Do not intend to work for an employer on Canada’s list of non-compliant employers.
- Do not intend to work for a company that regularly provides striptease, erotic dancing, erotic massages, etc.
Provide additional documentation to prove your eligibility to enter Canada.
Find your job on Canada’s National Occupational Classification, and apply for permanent residence in Canada.
With your Canadian work experience, you may be able to apply for a permanent resident visa under the skilled category. Before applying to become a permanent resident in Canada under the skilled occupation category, you must meet the following requirements:
Work Experience: Is your Canadian work experience considered professional experience? Your job must be in the NOC 0, A, or B category to be eligible for you to immigrate to Canada under one of the skilled categories.
Language skills: Can you meet the minimum level 5 in language skills?
Education: Get more selection criteria points for your post-secondary education.
Comprehensive selection factors on a 100-point scale are used to determine eligibility for immigration to Canada.
You can refer to skilled jobs under the categories below:
|Skill Type 0||Management jobs, such as Occupations include science, manufacturing, construction, trading, merchandising, or even food and beverage.|
|Skill Type A||Professional jobs that usually call for a degree from a university, such as Skilled workers and licensed professionals, fall under this skill category of the Express Entry program.|
|Skill Type B||Technical jobs and skilled trades usually call for a college diploma or training as an apprentice such as You can accumulate points in the Express Entry scoring system for this skill type.|
Make sure your job is on the NOC list before applying for permanent residence in Canada. If your primary goal is to work to immigrate to Canada, this will save you time and effort.
What are the requirements for a work visa in Canada?
Applying for a work visa in Canada requires the following documents:
- Notarized copy of identity card/citizen identity card.
- Copy of health certificate. It is recommended to do this before applying, or you can wait for the visa office to ask for it from you.
- All forms had been fulfilled already and signed.
- Provide biometric information.
- Certified copy of the birth certificate.
- Copy of household registration.
- Original passport (valid for at least 6 months) and all old passports (if any)
- Employment details: (name of recruitment whom the employee works, working time, working location).
- Copy of job offer from an employer in Canada.
- Copy of a valid Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
- Police certificates for every country you have lived in for 6 months or more in the last 10 years.
- Payment voucher
When you meet the requirements to work in Canada, you must submit all required documents to the visa office. If you are approved, you will be given a work permit when you arrive in Canada.
Support and advice on applying for a work visa in Canada from Northern Road.
Northern Road, a member of the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants in Canada (CICC), specializes in consulting with immigration services tailored to each client’s needs and circumstances, particularly for customers looking to work in Canada.
With dedicated guidance from our consultants, our services will be personalized and tailored to your goals. Canada is now a world leader in many fields, including technology, science, and innovation. Canada is one of the most competitive G7 economies in the world, thanks to its access to natural resources and world-class infrastructure. Aside from that, with many immigration support programs and good living conditions. You not only get to work in Canada, but you can also convert your work experience into permanent residency here.
With the benefits listed above, obtaining a visa to work in Canada will allow you to broaden your experience, live in a different country, and have more opportunities to work in Canada.
Contact Northern Road today for advice on applying for a work visa in Canada, or take the free Self-Assessment Immigration test!
Ignite your dreams! Go further!