Canadian tourist visa: What you need to know.
The 10-year Canadian visa program is the most common and well-known Canadian tourist visa type. Travelers are eligible for a multiple entry visa that can be valid for up to 10 years. The Canadian tourist visa will be issued for maximum validity in most cases, but the validity can be less in others. Why? The most common reason is the validity of the applicant’s passport.
Expert insights: when applying for a 10-year Canadian visa, make sure to renew your passport to its entire validity. This will ensure that your Canadian visa can be issued to full validity.
How can I apply for a 10-year Canadian Visa?
Applying for a 10-year Canadian visa is relatively simple. However, as part of your Canadian tourist visa application, you will need to demonstrate the following.
- Previous travel history: if you have travelled to other countries, you are more likely to get a 10-year Canadian visa. You can start by traveling to other developed Asian countries like South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, or Singapore. If you successfully got a European, United States, or Australia visa, you may have a higher chance of obtaining your Canadian tourist visa.
- Ties to their home country: you can demonstrate that you have strong family ties in Vietnam, that you have employment that authorized your vacation, and that you must return to work. For those who own a business in Vietnam, demonstrating that you have to return to your business activities can help establish your ties to your home country.
- Economic establishment: you will need to demonstrate that you have sufficient financial establishment and available funds to support yourself during your travels. You may use proof of employment and income, bank statements, and proof of other assets.
- Purpose of visit: To get your 10-year Canadian visa, you must demonstrate that the purpose of the visit is legitimate and, most importantly, that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay in Canada.
What documents do I need to provide to qualify for the 10-year Canadian visa?
When you apply for a Canadian tourist visa, you must provide a few documents to demonstrate that you meet the requirements.
- A copy of your valid passport;Proof of your previous international travels. This can be demonstrated with e-Visa, passport stamps, and other visas;
- All of the required application forms, completed and signed, along with a proof of payment of the fees for the Canadian tourist visa;
- Proof of employment, or evidence of business registration;
- Proof of income, proof of savings, and any other assets (house, car, etc.) you possess.