Canada understands the importance of family relationships and the contribution that parents and grandparents make to the family unit. For that reason, the government has put in place a Canadian tourist visa application procedure that allows you to visit your children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time. In addition, the super visa is a multiple entry Canadian tourist visa that is also valid for up to 10 years.
The super visa is not for everyone. To qualify, applicants must meet a set of more specific requirements to be granted the super visa. For example, your child or grandchild in Canada must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident to invite you to apply for this 10-year Canadian visa. So if your family member in Canada is on a student or work permit, you will not be eligible for this visa.
What are the requirements to apply for the super visa?
The 10-year Canadian super visa allows for more extended stays in Canada for periods of 2 years at a time. To benefit from these long periods of stay, you must demonstrate:
- Your child or grandchild is a permanent resident or Canadian citizen;
- You purchased medical insurance for your travels to Canada. The policy must be at least 1 year in duration and have a minimum coverage of CAD $100,000.00;
- Your child or grandchild must meet the minimum income based on their family composition. This can be proven by submitting their Canadian income tax declarations and letters of employment;
- You will need to complete an immigration medical examination.
What documents do I need to apply for the super visa?
You will need to provide proof of the following documents:
- A copy of your birth certificate, marriage certificate, or name change certificate;
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate or your grandchild and your child’s birth certificate;
- A letter of invitation from your child or grandchild in Canada. The letter must offer a promise of financial support for yourself and your accompanying dependents;
- A copy of a valid police certificate issued from the Vietnamese government;
- Proof of the required health and medical insurance;
- Copy of your immigration medical examination receipt;
- Your valid passport;
- Finally, the completed and signed application forms and payment receipt.
At Northern Road, we can make the application process easy for you. Contact us today!.