Parents & Grandparents Super Visa

Parents & Grandparents Super Visa

by Northen Road, January 14th, 2022

Canada understands the importance of family relationships and the contribution that parents and grandparents make to the family unit. For that reason, the government has put in place a Canadian tourist visa application procedure that allows you to visit your children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time. In addition, the super visa is a multiple entry Canadian tourist visa that is also valid for up to 10 years.

The super visa is not for everyone. To qualify, applicants must meet a set of more specific requirements to be granted the super visa. For example, your child or grandchild in Canada must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident to invite you to apply for this 10-year Canadian visa. So if your family member in Canada is on a student or work permit, you will not be eligible for this visa.

What are the requirements to apply for the super visa?

The 10-year Canadian super visa allows for more extended stays in Canada for periods of 2 years at a time. To benefit from these long periods of stay, you must demonstrate:

  • Your child or grandchild is a permanent resident or Canadian citizen;
  • You purchased medical insurance for your travels to Canada. The policy must be at least 1 year in duration and have a minimum coverage of CAD $100,000.00;
  • Your child or grandchild must meet the minimum income based on their family composition. This can be proven by submitting their Canadian income tax declarations and letters of employment;
  • You will need to complete an immigration medical examination.

What documents do I need to apply for the super visa?

You will need to provide proof of the following documents:

  • A copy of your birth certificate, marriage certificate, or name change certificate;
  • A copy of your child’s birth certificate or your grandchild and your child’s birth certificate;
  • A letter of invitation from your child or grandchild in Canada. The letter must offer a promise of financial support for yourself and your accompanying dependents;
  • A copy of a valid police certificate issued from the Vietnamese government;
  • Proof of the required health and medical insurance;
  • Copy of your immigration medical examination receipt;
  • Your valid passport;
  • Finally, the completed and signed application forms and payment receipt.

At Northern Road, we can make the application process easy for you. Contact us today!.